We deal with complaints about most council housing services other than social housing. This includes homelessness, housing allocations, housing benefit and home improvement services.

The Housing Ombudsman deals with complaints about social housing, including councils' role as social landlords.

See guidance on specific types of complaint below.

LGO logogram

Review your privacy settings

Required cookies

These cookies enable the website to function properly. You can only disable these by changing your browser preferences, but this will affect how the website performs.

View required cookies

Analytical cookies

Google Analytics cookies help us improve the performance of the website by understanding how visitors use the site.
We recommend you set these 'ON'.

View analytical cookies

In using Google Analytics, we do not collect or store personal information that could identify you (for example your name or address). We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data. Google has developed a tool to help you opt out of Google Analytics cookies.

Privacy settings