If you want to register a new complaint
Please first read our step by step process for making a complaint. This explains what you need to do before registering a new complaint with us.
Once you have, please use our complaint form. It is the quickest way to register a new complaint.
You will also be able to:
- communicate with us through messaging at certain stages
- see the progress of your complaint when you log in to your account
- store your complaint correspondence and documents in one secure place
There are are some other ways to register a complaint, but only if you cannot use our online complaint form:
Call 0300 061 0614 to talk to a complaints advisor about registering a new complaint.
The telephone line is open:
- Mondays 10am to 1pm
- Tuesdays 10am till 1pm
- Wednesdays 1pm till 4pm
- Thursdays 10am till 1pm
- Fridays 10am till 1pm
We tend to receive more calls the first hour after opening. If you want to avoid waiting in a queue, you could try calling after this.
Please be aware that even if you speak to a complaints advisor, we will usually ask you to complete the online form if you can. We are here to help as best we can, but our staff will not tolerate verbal abuse or threatening behaviour.
It will take a little longer to reach us, but you can make a new complaint by post
British Sign Language
If you have an existing complaint
- Please contact your named person in the usual way you reach them.
- If you do not have a named person, we will contact you when we have an update on your case. Our helpline team are usually not able to tell you about your case once you have been allocated a named person.
If you have an urgent or emergency problem
- Please contact your local authority or care provider. We expect them to respond appropriately to concerns, and we usually expect you to have completed their complaints process before we can consider your complaint