Summary: Mrs B complains the Council has not moved her family into suitable temporary accommodation.
The Ombudsman has upheld the complaint and found fault causing injustice
To remedy the fault to Council has agreed to:
- apologise to the family for the faults identified;
- complete a Care Act assessment;
- ensure all repairs are completed on the property;.
- ensures equipment provided to the family following the occupational therapy assessments is fit for purpose;
- provide guidance for the complaints team about what constitutes a new complaint;
- pay Mr and Mrs B £250 for each month they have spent in unsuitable accommodation from the date of our previous decision, July 2018, to the month they are suitably housed; and
- write a procurement policy for securing accessible properties.
Ombudsman satisfied with Council's response: 6 January 2021.