Summary: Miss X complained about the Council’s delay investigating her complaints of noise nuisance and waste build up on a neighbouring property. She said her and her partner have suffered unbearable noise and vibrations from the loud music, and that the waste attracts pests.
The Ombudsman upheld the report and found faulty causing injustice.
The Council has agreed to:
- provide Miss X with a written apology;
- pay Miss X £100 for time and trouble;
- pay Miss X £500 for distress and uncertainty;
- investigate Miss X’s complaint of waste build up on a neighbouring property;
- write to all those with live noise complaints, apologise for the delay and ask them to contact the Council if they are still experiencing the noise complained of; and
- devise an action plan to ensure it investigates any ongoing noise complaints as soon as possible and share a copy with us.