Decision : Closed after initial enquiries
Decision date : 24 Mar 2022
The Ombudsman's final decision:
Summary: We cannot investigate this complaint about what the Council included in a court bundle. This matter is not separable from court action.
- Mr X complained the Council included data about them it should not have done in a court bundle, then failed to respond to his contacts about this.
The Ombudsman’s role and powers
- We cannot investigate a complaint about the start of court action or what happened in court. (Local Government Act 1974, Schedule 5/5A, paragraph 1/3, as amended)
How I considered this complaint
- I considered information provided by the complainant.
- I considered the Ombudsman’s Assessment Code.
- The complaint concerns the content of a court bundle.
- We cannot investigate Mr X’s complaint because the contents of a court bundle are part of a court process.
Investigator's decision on behalf of the Ombudsman