If you want to register a new complaint
Please first read our step by step process for making a complaint. This explains what you need to do before registering a new complaint with us.
Once you have, please use our complaint form. It is the quickest way to register a new complaint.
You will also be able to:
- communicate with us through messaging at certain stages
- see the progress of your complaint when you log in to your account
- store your complaint correspondence and documents in one secure place
There are are some other ways to register a complaint, but only if you cannot use our online complaint form:
Our helpline number is 0300 061 0614 and is open on Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm. Lines are often quieter in the afternoon so we may be able to help you more quickly if you call then. Please be aware that even if you speak to an advisor, we will usually ask you to complete the online form. Our staff are here to help as best they can, but we will not tolerate verbal abuse or threatening behaviour.
It will take a little longer to reach us, but you can make a new complaint by post
British Sign Language
If you have an existing complaint
- Please contact your named person in the usual way you reach them.
- If you do not have a named person, we will contact you when we have an update on your case. Our helpline team are usually not able to tell you about your case once you have been allocated a named person.
If you have an urgent or emergency problem
- Please contact your local authority or care provider. We expect them to respond appropriately to concerns, and we usually expect you to have completed their complaints process before we can consider your complaint