Online complaint service - weekend maintenance

Our online complaint service will not be available between 5pm on Friday 24 May and 9am on Tuesday 28 May. You will not be able to register a new complaint or log in to your account to edit an existing complaint during this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Contact us

If you want to register a new complaint

Please first read our step by step process for making a complaint. This explains what you need to do before registering a new complaint with us.

Once you have, please use our complaint form. It is the quickest way to register a new complaint.

You will also be able to:

  • communicate with us through messaging at certain stages
  • see the progress of your complaint when you log in to your account
  • store your complaint correspondence and documents in one secure place

There are are some other ways to register a complaint, but only if you cannot use our online complaint form:


Call 0300 061 0614 to talk to a complaints advisor about registering a new complaint. 

The telephone line is open:

  • Mondays 10am to 1pm
  • Tuesdays 10am till 1pm
  • Wednesdays 1pm till 4pm
  • Thursdays 10am till 1pm
  • Fridays 10am till 1pm

We tend to receive more calls the first hour after opening. If you want to avoid waiting in a queue, you could try calling after this.

Please be aware that even if you speak to a complaints advisor, we will usually ask you to complete the online form if you can. We are here to help as best we can, but our staff will not tolerate verbal abuse or threatening behaviour.


It will take a little longer to reach us, but you can make a new complaint by post

Connect to a BSL Interpreter logo

British Sign Language

If you are a user of British Sign Language, you can contact us via InterpretersLive! – a free online service provided by a company called SignSolutions

If you have an existing complaint

  • Please contact your named person in the usual way you reach them.
  • If you do not have a named person, we will contact you when we have an update on your case. Our helpline team are usually not able to tell you about your case once you have been allocated a named person.

If you have an urgent or emergency problem

  • Please contact your local authority or care provider. We expect them to respond appropriately to concerns, and we usually expect you to have completed their complaints process before we can consider your complaint

Other types of enquiries

LGO logogram

Review your privacy settings

Required cookies

These cookies enable the website to function properly. You can only disable these by changing your browser preferences, but this will affect how the website performs.

View required cookies

Analytical cookies

Google Analytics cookies help us improve the performance of the website by understanding how visitors use the site.
We recommend you set these 'ON'.

View analytical cookies

In using Google Analytics, we do not collect or store personal information that could identify you (for example your name or address). We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data. Google has developed a tool to help you opt out of Google Analytics cookies.

Privacy settings