Other organisations we can look at

We look at complaints about English local authorities and adult social care providers.

We can decide to investigate complaints about some other organisations providing public services, including:

  • School admission and exclusion appeal panels
  • Joint boards of local authorities
  • National park authorities, including the Norfolk and Suffolk Broads Authority
  • Internal drainage boards
  • Police and Crime Commissioners and the Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime (but not about the investigation or prevention of crime)
  • Fire and rescue authorities
  • Sea fisheries authorities
  • The London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority
  • The Greater London Authority
  • London TravelWatch
  • Transport for London
  • A Mayoral development corporation
  • Urban development corporations
  • The Homes and Communities Agency (planning matters only)
  • The Environment Agency (flood defence and land drainage matters only)
LGO logogram

Review your privacy settings

Required cookies

These cookies enable the website to function properly. You can only disable these by changing your browser preferences, but this will affect how the website performs.

View required cookies

Analytical cookies

Google Analytics cookies help us improve the performance of the website by understanding how visitors use the site.
We recommend you set these 'ON'.

View analytical cookies

In using Google Analytics, we do not collect or store personal information that could identify you (for example your name or address). We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data. Google has developed a tool to help you opt out of Google Analytics cookies.

Privacy settings