A woman complains the council failed to adhere to recommendations we made following a previous complaint to us. In her previous complaint she complained that a blocked highway drainage gulley meant water from the highway was pooling at the foot of her wall causing damage.
The woman complains that after holding an initial meeting with her, the council failed to engage with her to sort out the problem,
The Ombudsman upheld the complaint and found fault causing injustice.
To remedy the injustice caused, the council has agreed to:
- Within one month of our final decision get a quote from its preferred contractor and share it with the woman. The quote should include (separately itemised costs) for:
- work to carry out repairs to the highway to correct the highway drainage issue and take water away from the property; and
- work to rebuild thewall to the specification set out in the civil engineer’s report, as agreed with the county council
- Ensure the work to the highway and the wall is completed within three months of the final decision
- Meet 50% of the cost of the work to rebuild the wall to the specification already agreed by the county counci.
- Meet the full cost of the highway repair
- Meet 50% of the reasonable costs incurred by the woman for her civil engineers to draw up the specification for the wall repair
- Pay the woman £250 to recognise the time, trouble and inconvenience has been put to in pursuing the matter.
Ombudsman satisfied with council response: 12 September 2017