Local Government Ombudsman

> | Accessiblity Options | Text Only | Text Size: A+ A- Reset | Links | Site Map

Still not satisfied?

The Local Government Ombudsman:

The Local Government Ombudsman looks at complaints about councils and some other authorities and organisations, including education admissions appeal panels and adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). It is a free service. Our job is to investigate complaints in a fair and independent way - we do not take sides.

If you have a problem with a council service, you should first complain to the council. But if you are still not satisfied, we may be able to help. Click here for more information on how to complain – or call our helpline.

Our helpline:

Call our helpline on 0300 061 0614 if you want help with making a complaint. The helpline is open from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. You can also make your complaint online. See Contact us for details.

Councils should carry out regular reviews of care home residents’ assets

Councils must carry out regular reviews of residents’ assets when assessing care home charges under deferred payments schemes, the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) has said.

B&Bs never suitable accommodation for homeless children and young people, LGO warns

Bed and breakfast accommodation is not suitable to house young homeless people - even in an emergency - the Local Government Ombudsman is reiterating.

Council did not consider exceptional circumstances when denying care payments to young disabled man

Councils must properly consider individual circumstances when they balance people’s choice to be cared for by a family member against the risk to their carer of working long hours, the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) has recommended.