Local Government Ombudsman

> | Accessiblity Options | Graphical | Text Size: A+ A- Reset | Links | Site Map

Still not satisfied?

The Local Government Ombudsman:

The Local Government Ombudsman looks at complaints about councils and some other authorities and organisations, including education admissions appeal panels and adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). It is a free service. Our job is to investigate complaints in a fair and independent way - we do not take sides.

If you have a problem with a council service, you should first complain to the council. But if you are still not satisfied, we may be able to help. Click here for more information on how to complain – or call our helpline.

*** We are consulting on our Corporate Strategy for 2015-18 - we welcome your views ***

Our helpline:

Call our helpline on 0300 061 0614 if you want help with making a complaint. The helpline is open from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. You can also make your complaint online. See Contact us for details.

Schools admissions appeals complaints fall by half

Complaints about schools admissions appeals to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) have fallen by 50 per cent over the past four years, a report issued today finds.

Couple denied chance of normal family life because of council delays

A couple were denied the chance of a stable family life because Royal Borough of Kingston took two years to give them their own personal care budget, a Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) investigation has found.

Northumberland Council to review its complaints procedure

Northumberland Council has been asked to improve its Children’s Services complaints procedure following an investigation by the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO).