Mr B complains the Council failed properly to provide the agreed remedy for his previous complaint to the Ombudsman.
The Ombudsman upheld the complaint and found fault found causing injustice.
To remedy the injustice caused, we recommend the Council:
- send Mr B a further written apology, covering its delays sending the previously agreed apology and payment; and
- pay Mr B £250 to recognise the injustice to him.
The Council should also report to the Ombudsman, with evidence, to show it has
- reviewed its processes to ensure:
- it responds promptly, fully and accurately to our enquiries, draft decisions and other communications; and
- it checks full and prompt completion of each part of a complaint remedy it agrees with us and then updates us promptly