Local Government Ombudsman

> | Accessiblity Options | Links | Site Map

You are here: Home : : Local Government Ombudsman - Complaint Form


Local Government Ombudsman - Complaint Form

Please read the information below before you fill in this complaint form.

We look at complaints about councils and some other authorities and organisations in England. The other bodies include education admission appeal panels and adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). Click here for a full list of bodies we can investigate. It is a free service. Our job is to investigate complaints in a fair way – we do not take sides.

Normally, we expect you to have used the complaints procedure of the body you wish to complain about before you make a complaint to us. We ask that you only complete this form if you have done this, and that you include a copy of the final letter you have had in response to your complaint to the body concerned, if you can. But there are some circumstances where we will accept a complaint when you have not completed the body’s own complaints process.

On this form we use the term 'body’ for the council, other authority, or care provider you are complaining about.

You can save your form at any point (see 'save’ button at the bottom of subsequent pages). You will be asked to enter your email address and a password. Once you have completed your form and submitted it, you will be sent a copy in pdf format by email shortly afterwards.

To make sure you receive emails from us, we recommend you add '@coinweb.lgo.org.uk' to your email safe senders list.

If you have previously saved a version of this form, please click on the link below to retrieve your saved form.

Retrieve a saved form

If you need help filling in this form, call our helpline on 0300 061 0614. We can give you advice on the best way to make your complaint, and help you fill in this form. The helpline is open from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).

If we are already considering your complaint please do not complete this form again. Please contact us on 0300 061 0614 and we will be happy to discuss your complaint further.